Thursday, October 18, 2007

Dad (Paternity).

The words to say aren’t the words I said
The things I do just fade away
From empty moment to the break of dawn
Hard as diamond in my eye
The world I wanted soared out of my sight
A moment lost without you
I swear I’d fight just for another chance
To tell you how I would feel

Here I am standing at your doorway
Here I am crawling at your floor
Don’t look away don’t turn aside
Here I am, I want more

I know the timing is quite absurd
Forgive me now my sweetest child
The chance to cradle now I tossed away
The proudest moment of my life
I know I should be stronger than this
This is not how I used to be
Too many mistakes upon the dusty road
Too many whiskies in the dark

Here I am would you let me in
Here I am please don’t just ignore
Flesh of mine I had forsaken
Here I am still standing at your door

These years I travelled I never knew
The kind of person you’ve become
I have no rights no damn excuse
No way to turn back the time
Tell your mother that I love her still
Though it’s taken so long to find
I’m sorry for all this hurt I do
Would you let me be a father to you?

No comments: